Saturday, January 7, 2012

overjoyed.

What does it mean to be overjoyed, to truly be filled with the joy of the Lord so that it overflows and is apparent in a way that will lead others to glorify God?

I remember sometime in November, when I was just on the Internet in my room with my door open, and only one of my other roommates was in the apartment. She was talking on the phone, and all of a sudden, when she hung up, she ran to my doorway and started jumping up and down and screaming, "I got into UT Law! I got into UT Law!" Actually, she was screaming so quickly that I couldn't understand her for a few seconds. I gave her a smile and a hug, and then she proceeded to run around outside, screaming with joy (I could hear her from inside my room). I've never seen her (or anyone, perhaps) that happy. She started calling her family and close friends and screaming the good news to them over phone airwaves.
It was pretty hard to not be in a good mood afterwards. I was really happy for her! It just made me think, though...if she can be so happy over something so earthly/fleshly, over someone telling her that she was good enough to get into a school, how much more should we be overjoyed about the joy of our salvation, the truth of the gospel, and desire to share the good news with others? Man, pretty convicting.



Let the redeemed of the Lord say so! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment