Monday, January 23, 2012

is it bad..

...that sometimes I wish God kept our lives a little more normal and thus easier to keep up with? I feel like my friends are always going through crazy life changes and there's always too much to be updated on. Geez, I can't imagine what it'll be like coming back from my 3-month long trip, away from all my friends >.<
And yet, as I say this, I realize how silly and selfish it is to ask for that. Living for God each and every day truly is a worthy and rewarding adventure! As crazy and constantly changing as it can be. In the ups and especially in the downs, He is glorified, and that is awesome. He is the Maker of the universe and infinitely creative and always surprising us with more, if we're willing to accept His offer.
It's like when Aladdin asks Jasmine, "Do you trust me?" Do we trust Him? Do I trust Him? Saying yes is scary; it's getting my feet swept away from under me as I embark on something even better than a magic carpet ride. This is God, Creator of all things, who is at the steering wheel.
Who am I to complain, just because my brain can't keep up with what He's doing in the lives of all my friends?

Thank You, Jesus, that I'm not the one in control.



(is it also bad that I'm blogging instead of studying for my MCAT...sigh)

1 comment:

  1. haha sorry to be so persistent, but this is perfect! In a similar way to Aladdin and Jasmine, when God through the message of an angel asks Mary if she would give her yes on such an amazing journey, so God also asks us to give such a yes as you said. :)

    haha Jesus take the wheel! XD

    ReplyDelete