Monday, January 17, 2011

parched.

You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.
-Psalm 63:1

What a beautiful comparison. This morning, looking at my dry and cracked hands, I was reminded of this verse. I guess deserts are a bit hard to come by in Texas, so the psalmist's image doesn't resonate quite as well with me, but the skin on my hands and face is the same as the land in the verse. It is crying out, thirsty, desperate for moisture, before it cracks and begins to bleed.

It was a reminder to keep seeking Him, earnestly. I want my faith to always be like that. I want to yearn for God with my whole being, my whole soul, every morning when I wake up. I want to want Him more than my skin cells cry out for lotion, more than my throat cries out for water after running on a cold day.

No comments:

Post a Comment