Friday, January 7, 2011

immature.

There is just so much to learn about being an adult. Helping my parents go over their seller's disclosure with their realtor, I'm realizing how much I don't want to grow up, don't want to learn how to buy or sell houses, don't want to figure out insurance policies and PPOs. When is it time to grow up, to be mature, to shake off the blinds of childhood and learn real-world business? And when is it time to cling to youth, to spend just a few more moments as simply the child of the family, the one who parents can tell, "Don't worry about it"?
...man, I don't even want to go back to school in three days.

And yet I'm so excited for what God has in store for me (and everyone around me) this upcoming year, even this upcoming week. :) praise God for His everlasting hope. More thoughts later.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm realizing how much I don't want to grow up, don't want to learn how to buy or sell houses, don't want to figure out insurance policies and PPOs. When is it time to grow up, to be mature, to shake off the blinds of childhood and learn real-world business? And when is it time to cling to youth, to spend just a few more moments as simply the child of the family, the one who parents can tell, "Don't worry about it"? "

    i can't agree with you more. As much as we want to remain at where we are now, Fate has already gradually moved us on that track, the track our parents and grandparents know too well, toward the top. And soon, it'll be our turn to take that long-feared, yet long-awaited steep drop that is the thrill of being alive.

    ReplyDelete