Wednesday, September 14, 2011

streeeetched.

God, I feel like You're really stretching me right now.

Physically, I am exhausted--second night in a row of sleeping pretty late without the chance to sleep in the next morning. Spiritually, I'm still lacking in discipline in my daily quiet times and prayer times =\ sorry. Mentally, my thoughts are at once all over the place and crowded together, mostly for Amazing Race, biochemistry/mole cell homework and tests, plus camping trip...and now maybe leading a small group this semester?! I just (want to) feel like this: o______________o Man, and I thought school and IV couldn't get any crazier than last year when I was doing Amazing Race all on my own and tackling things like organic chemistry...but at least right now, it feels even more hectic.
Maybe this is what You pruning me looks like, in order that I may bear more fruit for Your glory. If that is the case, so be it. Let my heart choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name.
Maybe this is what You growing me looks like. Placing me once again in a place where I have no choice but to reach out for Your hand, to cling onto You and depend on You with everything I have, plans and all, so that when it's all over, I can look back and say that it was definitely, without an ounce of a doubt, all You, Jesus.



"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." -1 Corinthians 10:13
Love that promise. Thank You, Jesus.

(from 9/25/11...because I don't really want to publish this publicly but can't do a private on just one post. Sigh, insecurities...still struggling with this one 3 months later. but God, thank You that You are greater than all my doubts.)

"rawr."
Why can't I let this insecurity stop bugging me? No matter how many times I reread God's message of love over me, once I step on the scale, I want to cry and wallow in self-pity. It's not even a big change...just a gradual increase that I guess I'm scared will never stop.

This is disgusting. People are starving around the world. Every time I'm able to fill my stomach, it is a joyful pleasure. Jesus, help me to truly know and believe in my heart that You are the only beautiful thing in me, and it is more than enough to overcome what numbers on a scale tell me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment