Tuesday, October 4, 2011

missions (x4)

So this is a belated post, but I was sharing with a friend last week about how I feel like recently, God has constantly been speaking to me about missions...about what or where particularly, I'm not sure.
Exhibit A: When I went to visit Austin Stone for the first time on Labor Day weekend, the sermon was about how we respond to God's missionary call for us as His disciples.

Exhibit B: Two weeks later, when I visited AABC for the second time, the sermon focused on the church's vision for missions, and they shared about all of their missionary couples that are abroad right now.

Exhibit C: At IV Large Group two weeks ago, one of our IV alumni shared about his year on missions with YWAM (Youth with a Mission) in Taiwan.

Exhibit D: When I went to DCBC last week (for the first time in a looong time), the sermon wasn't about missions, but our Sunday School was led by a white missionary who had been in China for five years (who had also shared during service).

And then on top of all THAT, three different brothers and sisters who did STiM this past year approached me and strongly urged me to think and pray about doing it my senior year...whoa.


Coincidence? I think not.
God, please help me to be open to whatever You're trying to show me through these messages and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment