Tuesday, September 13, 2011

thrift.

Wondering why it's so hard for me to let go of the thriftiness that's lodged so deeply within me. Even my parents got on my case about it (again) this past weekend...God, show me how to be a good steward of the (financial) resources that You've so richly blessed me with. Please. Dislodge this fleshly desire to hoard up money for myself and replace it with something more beautiful--a desire to use every penny for Your glory, whatever that looks like.


Jesus, thank You also for the love You've shown me through my parents for my whole life, including this past weekend. I feel so spoiled :) and I know this is something most children never get to experience from their earthly parents.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
-Matthew 7:11

No comments:

Post a Comment