Sunday, December 25, 2011

[p11] carry Your name.

(started/saved on 4/10/11)

So all I can remember now is that this was the last session of Passion on Sunday morning. Can't even remember anything from the worship session anymore, just Louie Giglio's message (but that's what was good!). I just remember he started by listing a TON of brand names and names of rock stars, and then talking about the concept of carrying a name. These names (Nike, Puma, Louie Vuitton, Gap, Obama, Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber) only carry any weight or import because of those who carry them--us. Even though the names are famous, they are only this way because we choose to make them that way. Whether we're wearing them, going to their concerts, voting for them, or just talking about them (most likely in a positive light)...we are carrying their names. We are making them known more. We are showing others through our words and actions that we support those names, we love those names. I mean, we each have names, and I think it's easy to see and understand how much of our identity comes from our names.
(and you can kinda see where Louie was leading up to here)
But when we stop and think about it, about our lives--just a vapor in the wind, yet our only chance to witness to lost sheep in a dark and broken world--whose name should we be carrying? Whose name, above every other name (even our own)? Jesus Christ. He alone is worthy of all the glory, honor, and praise.
Why?
Because He obeyed the Father perfectly, suffering the most excruciating death, that we may have true life through Him:

"Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to His own advantage; rather, He made Himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled himself by becoming obedient to death—even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
-Philippians 2:6-11

:)
And then I remember Louie announcing that we had raised more than enough to fund a 5-year translation project to translate the Bible into the Koso's native language (hmm, wonder how that's going. Haven't prayed over them in a while >.<), which was awesome! And he also introduced a new project, to raise money for rubble-removing machines for Haiti. Which, as I can see from the do.something.now website, was also accomplished! Along with their other projects. Man, God is good. Praises be to Him :)

Sadly, I can't really remember anything else from our small group time after that first Friday night :( but I do remember we took a group picture and just kinda wrapped up. I know they said that we would get a lot out of small group, but I also know it varies.
After Passion was over, we all went to lunch at Corner Bakery, and we met Jason's friend Katie! From Ohio. That was pretty neat :) and...that's all I can really remember right now >.<
But overall, I am just really, really thankful for the chance to go to Passion this past year :) for its proximity to us, for people who just kept suggesting for me to go (Daniel Kim), for rides and hotel accommodations...so good. I don't know if/when I'll get to go again, especially if they don't plan on returning to Fort Worth (maybe I'll fly to Atlanta one year!), but it was just such a powerful experience. The worship was so amazing (and the music still moves me deeply and brings me to my knees), the speakers made points that I still remember, and overall everything just made me fall even deeper in love with Jesus. What could be better? :)


Praying for Passion 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment