Saturday, August 6, 2011

blissfully ignorant.

The only thing I've really been able to retain for mental records while shadowing is how my doctor treats her patients--she is so kind and gentle and really a great model for patient interaction. But when all the gynecology/oncology terms start flying around, it's hard not to tune them out, since I'm pretty sure I have very little idea of what they're saying.

...what scares me just a little is knowing that very soon, I'll have to know all those terms. I'll have to listen and pay attention and come up with diagnoses and treatments based on the patient's data. Will I know what I need to know by then? All the information seems so overwhelming...and I need to stop studying for classes just to pass the tests. This is real, and it can save or not save someone's life. I just trust and pray that I'll be ready when the time comes.


Eep?

No comments:

Post a Comment