Thursday, July 19, 2012

difficult

Never thought that's how being home would feel.
It reminded me this morning of our last night at Rec Week, when one of the prayer corners was to lift up those for whom going home was a hard thing, even an undesirable thing.
I know they love me, I know they care. Haha, I even encouraged a friend to be patient with her parents when she put up a status sharing how frustrated she felt after two straight years of lecturing. I just...I wish there could be more understanding between parents and their children. Especially Asian ones. When all my dad talks about is my medical school applications (particularly interviews, now) and my mom just keeps referencing ways that I can lose weight, multiple times in the day...is that all they see in me?
It's getting to a point where I feel like it's actually tearing me down inside. It's destructive. I don't want to not be here, I don't want to be angry or cry or yell, but I'm struggling. A lot.

So thankful for my sister being here with me. Prayers would be appreciated. Trying to cling to the promises of the Lord, to His light and love in this dark moment for me (and yes, I know this can hardly be deemed "dark" in light of most people's struggles...sorry).
This is a pretty depressing post. Maybe I'll delete it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment