Wednesday, February 2, 2011

inner power.

I was talking to one of my friends the other day about a bunch of random things, and Harry Potter came up. He was explaining his one bone to pick with Harry Potter...
"The one thing that bugs me about Harry Potter is how they'll walk around without using all the spells they know; they'll just stick to a few common ones--for example, they'll only use Avada Kedavra to kill someone instead of being a little more creative. It's like they're walking around as if they were just regular ordinary people, not knowing the power that's inside of them."

And even as he was talking, the parallelism between what he was saying and how we as Christ-followers choose to live our lives was flooding my thoughts. Man, how often do we--who have been saved by grace and now have the Holy Spirit residing in us--walk around as if we were just normal people, unsaved sinners, not knowing or using the power that is inside of us? It breaks my heart to even look just at my own life and see how often I do that. It's so easy to forget, but always so refreshing to remember. The same power that conquered the grave lives in me. The same love that rescued the earth lives in me.

Wow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment